Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Two Months Old!

You and Aslan. You'll learn more about Him later, just wanted you to know He's been there all along ;)
Dear Norah Mae

Where did the time go? My sweet love you are 2 months old, and what a joy this month has been. You coo and smile at us all the time now. We can't get enough of your sweet faces! You should see the ridiculous things your daddy and I do trying to make you laugh. Can't wait for the first time we hear that!

You hold your neck up really well, but you HATE tummy time. You weighed in at 11.5 pounds and 23 inches long, right in the 50th percentile for everything. You HATED getting your shots. Your daddy and I were both ready to cry along with you! You still wake up once in the night to eat, but you are a master at eating and going right back to bed until we start our day at 8. We are pretty used to your schedule now, which means it's rare that you are fussy, we've got you figured out for the moment! The only glitch is when you wake up early from your naps. I tried letting you cry it out once, and when I came in after 10 minutes and saw your tears I cried too! We were both a mess. The good news, when you go down for naps the first time I can put you in your crib awake and you soothe yourself to sleep.

I started working this month. It's amazing how good God is, I didn't even feel sad leaving you. It helps that I only work 6 hours a week, but I'm also leaving you with your daddy or your Nonni, so that's not too bad. Your daddy calls Tuesday nights your date nights. :) Your Nonni loves watching you, and you LOVE her. I am really enjoying the opportunity to teach the CBS courses at CBU, which is such a blessing. If I have to work, this is definitely the best case scenario!

You now feel like a normal part of our life. We've figured out how to get out and about with you. It feels like you fit. You bring us joy daily. You are wonderful my darling girl!

  
 
You love your cousin Quinn


Papa and Grammy loving them some grandbabies!


First trip to Wrightwood






I mean seriously, you are gorgeous! And you love the beach as much as I do :)


Family date night in Balboa

You can't see it well, but in the background is Spot P, the lifeguard tower where your daddy proposed to me. It was amazing to be there with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment