Friday, July 19, 2013

Norah Mae turns 10 months old!


Dear Norah

10 months! You cut your top teeth! And right at the end cut one more tooth on the right side! CRAZY girl! You had a very tough time cutting your teeth. We had about a 2 week period of all whiny and NO happy until they broke through. You wanted no one but me. I began to panic. Thankfully, met with some friends from church and got some coaching through the situation. Didn't change you, but changed my heart! 

You “brush your hair” You clap your hands enthusiastically, and wave!

You take 2 naps a day, around 10 and 3. We are trying to get you down (for the most part) to 4 feedings a day. You eat solids, but actually are almost over baby food. Once you cut your top 2 teeth you got over the puree crap. It’s like, I worked hard for these, give me the real thing.

You got dedicated. Such a sweet day. So many of our friends from church dedicated their kids that morning as well, including Whitney and Jon and baby Brynn. I remember standing there in church, looking at all of our families and friend (we sat with the McWhorter crew) and felt so thankful for the people God has placed in our lives. Not to mention our amazing church family that surrounded us. 

We had our first Mother’s Day, which was on the day you were dedicated, how fitting.

You swam for the first time, and LOVED it. You are so brave. We had such a good time swimming with you! Here's to many summers together!

Sweet girl, I love you to pieces. My favorite part of this phase is that we seem to really be developing a relationship. You respond to me. You purposefully do silly things to make me laugh. Almost every meal time you giggle with delight, particularly when it makes me laugh.

On that note, you went through a new phase with nap time! You started sitting up, which lead to new sleep training. Then when I’d go turn you back over you would giggle and squeal! So adorable. I’m in trouble with you, cause I can’t resist your laugh.

I’ve heard that rebellion usually begins to show up around 10 months, I’m nervous for that. You are such a joy, and I’m not feeling ready to face the training/discipline aspect of parenting. I’ve gotten caught up in all of this amazing first year stuff. Even though the thing that originally attracted me to parenting was raising kids who would fear the lord, and advance His Kingdom, I'm loving the diapers, feedings, bibs, first timid steps while holing me, etc. As I’m walking into the next phase. The beginning of shaping character and values. I pray desperately for God to give me wisdom. To give your dad and I wisdom so that you may grow to believe God is real, and that in doing life His way, things really do go better. He can be trusted.

Getting dedicated on Mother's Day










Happy Birthday to Daddy!


Celebrating Daddy's birthday with a hike




OCC Mother Daughter Tea at our house! So special




All your little things that you are so fond of!












No comments:

Post a Comment